Tuesday 20 June 2017

Top Ten Series I Would Start If Not For Other Things

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is something we all have in common: a list of series that we said we were going to read but somehow haven't yet. For whatever reason, the intention is there but the physical books haven't reached our hands yet. I did this list a few years back and a few of them are still on today's list. Whoops!

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)1 - Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This is one from the previous list and I really have no idea why I haven't picked this up, I mean it's set in space!

2 - Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Another one from the previous list and again, I have no good reason for not reading it yet. Shame on me.

3 - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Argh, why have I not read this yet? Honestly, I think this might have passed me by and now my tastes are different, I won't like it.

4 - Blue by Lisa Glass
Heard great things about this series but I cannot find it anyway physically, and honestly, as a non-sporty person, will a book about surfing put me off? Still want to read it though, especially in this heat!

Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)5 - Giant Days by John Allison
Whoo, a graphic novel made the list! This is one book that I am desperate to get my hands on, it's a graphic novel set in university, and the only reason I haven't read it yet is because my comic book shop don't have it in stock!

6 - The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Just a duology but another that I haven't been able to spy in bookshelves so never remember to buy it. Want to though, it's assassins and pirates, I'm happy!

7 - Wool by Hugh Howey
This is one that is supposed to be for fans of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, but it's such a big series! I mean, it's only 3 books but all are over 500 pages!

8 - Defiance by CJ Redwine
Rivers of London (Peter Grant, #1)We have a copy of this in the library where I work and every time I tidy that area, I eye it up but haven't picked it up yet. I don't know why, maybe I'm just not really feeling dystopians at the moment, but some day!

9 - Rivers of London by Ben Aaronvitch
A friend of mine hails these books and they sounds incredible but once again, I fail at picking up books! Even though they sound right up my alley, I mean it's magic in London, come on!

10 - Soulless by Gail Carriger
This is definitely more my speed with magic in regency times but it's not something I come across on bookshelves very often so I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment