Tuesday 6 June 2017

A Few Books to be Welcomed to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is books of a certain genre that we've recently added to our TBR. So I thought I'd talk about the great contemporary books that are on my TBR or my wishlist - because summer reading, for me, is all about the realistic stories.

1 - The Crash by Lisa Drakeford
Coming out in July, I do already have a copy (Thanks Chicken House!) so luckily I don't have to wait long to read it! Another multiple-perspectives story, this time with a darker twist as the five teens tell of the time a car crashed through a living room window. 

2 - Geekerella by Ashley Poston
I've heard great things about this story, despite its strange cover, so I picked up a copy this past weekend and am really excited about a modern nerdy Cinderella re-telling.

Truth or Dare3 - Truth of Dare by Non Pratt
I'm actually reading this at the moment but I couldn't not have it on this list, as it is a great example of not only contemporary YA but also UKYA.


4 - The Girl's Guide to Summer by Sarah Mlynowski
I adored Sarah's past books, they are so refreshingly funny and light hearted and perfect for a sunny day. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of those over here so I'll have to settle by reading about them in a backpacking trip through Europe.

5 - True Love at the Lonely Hearts Bookshop by Annie Darling
The long-awaited sequel/companion novel to The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts. This time following Verity's story on the path to true love, this will be the perfect fluffy rom-com to make me smile.
When Dimple Met Rishi

6 - When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon 
This is going to be on all of my wishlists until I finally get my hands on it!


7 - Becoming Betty by Eleanor Wood
I'm hoping that Eleanor's new book will be on a similar vein to her previous book My Secret Rockstar Boyfriend, because that was hilarious. Anyway, her new one is all about starting afresh for college and discovering music and reinventing yourself - sounds great.

8 - No Filter by Orlagh Collins
Coming out in July, this sounds kinda similar to Katie McGarry's novels and I love hers so I've got high hopes! Basically, after Emerald's mother is found unconscious in the bathroom, Emerald is shipped off to Ireland to her grandmother's, where she meets and falls for Liam. Only problem is, does she share the secrets she is running from and so used to hiding?

No comments:

Post a Comment