Tuesday 24 January 2017

Top Ten Most Anticipated Reads

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's theme was whatever you wanted so I've decided to share the books I'm really looking forward to this year, in order of release. 

Traitor to the Throne by Alywn Hamilton - 2 February
Sequel to Rebel of the Sands, I'm really looking forward to hearing some more about this world, that was part magic and part Wild West. 

The King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard - 7 February
Book three in the Red Queen series - details are seriously foggy from book two so I can't remember how it ended but I can remember the basics of the story and I really want to know what happens next for Mare. 

Doing It by Hannah Witton - 6 April
I watch Hannah on YouTube; she talks openly about feminism, sexuality, relationships, sexual health and all that jazz, and now she has a book coming out about sex and relationship advice! 

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas - 2 May
I loved book one and then book two blew that out of the water - I am so excited about this series and what Feyre does next. I know the change of love interest annoyed a lot of people but I read something that I think makes a lot of sense: Tamlin wasn't the Beast, he was Gaston. To me, along with him not understanding Feyre's PTSD after the events of book one, that makes sense. Plus, you know, Rhys is hot. 

Songs About Us by Chris Russell - 13 July
The sequel to Songs About A Girl, I'm hoping for more boy band fangirling and some answers about Gabe's backstory. I can't believe we have to wait until July for some answers but I think it will be the perfect summer read. 

Freshers by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison - August
I only found out about this book last week but I adore their writing and this time it's set at university and I'm so excited! 

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff - 10 August
Hogwarts for assassins was the summary of Nevernight and it was just like that. I do really want to know what's next for Mia but the world building was really complex that I fear I'm going to be beyond lost when it finally comes out.

Untitled (Throne of Glass 6) by Sarah J Maas - September
This series is just... messing with me! It's still really good and I want to continue but honestly, I think I'll be glad when it's over! I've stopped guessing Aelin's master plan and just let it all wash over me, the subplots, the little details; the magic lore and the romances and the characters are amazing, I adore the whole set up and really do want to know what Aelin and gang have up their sleeves next. 

The Empty Grave by Jonathan Stroud - 7 September
The finale in the Lockwood and Co series about teenage ghost hunters has got to be one of the ones I am most excited about. I cannot love this series anymore than I already do and after the Skull dropping that bombshell on us at the end of book four, I need the finale!

Untitled (Illuminae 3) by Amie Kaufman and Kay Kristoff - October 
The finale in the Illuminae series, these unique and incredible books are right up there in my favourites and I cannot wait to find out how it all ends for the planet Kerenza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment