Sunday 16 August 2015

Weekly Highlights: the 'Bleurgh' edition



Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things!

While my fiancĂ© was away visiting friends this week, I had loads of things planned; I was going to volunteer, go shopping, have days out with my family. But no, I spent all of Sunday night throwing up! So yeah, not a lot happened - this was my first time ever to get food poisoning and it completely killed me and has taken me all week to get back to normal. Hence the radio silence on the blog and twitter.


On The Blog
Review of Crow Mountain by Lucy Inglis (5 stars)

Currently Reading
The Game of Love and Death - I've heard mixed things about this so I'm looking forward to finding out for myself!

On My Bookshelf
All Of The Above by James Dawson
When sixteen-year-old Toria Bland arrives at her new school she needs to work out who her friends are in a crazy whirl of worry, exam pressure and anxiety over fitting in. Things start looking up when Toria meets the funny and foul-mouthed Polly, who's the coolest girl that Toria has ever seen. Polly and the rest of the 'alternative' kids take Toria under their wing. And that's when she meets the irresistible Nico Mancini, lead singer of a local band - and it's instalove at first sight! Toria likes Nico, Nico likes Toria, but then there's Polly ... love and friendship have a funny way of going round in circles.

I just missed the chance to get a physical copy, which I would love for my collection, but I did get a review copy on Netgalley. I am extremely excited to see what Dawson has up his sleeve next! Thank you Hot Key!

No comments:

Post a Comment