Saturday 28 July 2012

My Holiday Reading

By the time this is posted, I will be away in France, holidaying it up. And taking a lot of books with me! So I thought, as I won't be here until the 5th of August, I'd let you know what I'll be reading, you know, to sustain you until I get back. Like many of you would miss me... shut up, let me dream!

Anyway, on my list is:
Pretties, Specials and Extras by Scott Westerfeld. I read Uglies about a month ago and found the next three in The Works for a fiver - love a good book bargain! I am really looking forward to finding out what happens to Tally, Shay and David. Have a feeling I'll read these rather quickly!

Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Pre-ordered back in June but Waterstones was a bit rubbish and late, so have only just started it. Love it so far, though - am half way through! Not to mention Vlad! He is made of awesome. 

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Ordered off Amazon last week, arrived just in time to take away with me! If it's anything like Anna, it will be a perfect little chick-lit book to perk me up if the weather sucks. Or if, more likely, my family drive me crazy.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Like I mentioned in whatever On My Bookshelf this was on, a gift from Sophie that I have not yet read. Looks really good though, and I really hope the narrative is easy to read, unlike After The Snow. 


Working Stiff by Rachel Caine
Another find in The Works, but one I really wanted. Found on waterstones website back in Janruary or something, bought a couple of weeks ago. I've been saving this one, because I know Caine is an amazing author and I'm sure I'll fly through it. It looks so good!


See you all when I get back!

1 comment:

  1. Finally! So glad you're going read Blood Red Road. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete