Sunday 19 January 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'book swap' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things!  

Nothing too exciting to report this week. No new books, as you will see, but I did get invited to Hachette's Books With Bite launch so I've got a list of books that are available to swap.

On The Blog
Discussion: Happy Birthday Awful Lot of Reading!
Review of The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (5 stars)
Review of Soulmates by Holly Bourne (5 stars)
Review of Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin (4 stars)

Currently Reading
The Name on Your Wrist by Helen Hiorns - just started it, but it is good so far. 

On My Bookshelf
I didn't get any new books this week (amazingly) but I've sorted through my shelves and have got quite a few to get rid of. So below is the list of books that I can take to the Books With Bite/Hachette launch at the end of January. Let me know if you would like any of them, but only if you're actually going! I've also posted a picture on twitter, which is you can see here

- Uglies series by Scott Westerfield
- Tormet by Lauren Kate (bound proof)
- The Colour of Space by HP Lovecraft
- Emma Hearts LA by Keris Stainton
- The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason
- Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
- I, Corriander by Sally Gardener
- Portal 24 by Meredith Stroud
- Insatiable by Meg Cabot
- Changeling by Phillippa Gregory
- Under My Hat: Tales From The Cauldron anthology
- Gothic: The Original Dark Tales anthology
- The Soterion Mission by Stewart Ross
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
- Unrest by Michelle Harrison
- The Hit by Melvin Burgess

1 comment:

  1. Some raving reviews on your blog this week! Would it be possible to have Just Listen by Sarah Dessen please? Determined to read some of her books :-)

    ReplyDelete