Friday 30 September 2016

Friday Reads: The Last Beginning


The Last Beginning (The Next Together, #2)Work has been taking over my life recently so my reading has slowed somewhat. So in lieu of some more reviews, have an update!

Right now, I’m reading The Last Beginning by Lauren James, which I am beyond excited about! It’s being published next week, on the 6th; I was lucky enough to get a copy from Walker which arrived Wednesday and I started it immediately! I was a little lost at the beginning; it's been a while since I read the first book, but I'm loving it so far.

Earlier in the week I read Haunt Me by Liz Kessler, another book coming out on the 6th, and I quite liked it. I had some minor issues with it but a lot of that might have been because I’d just finished the latest Lockwood and Co which has a whole different sort of ghost! Reviews of both of these titles will be up soon. 

This weekend I’m hoping to finish The Last Beginning and start Empire of Storms, which I can’t believe I haven’t read yet! But I need to get right on that, because me and a friend from work will be going to see Sarah J Maas at the Bath Children’s Literature Festival on the 9th! 

Tell me what you’re planning on reading this weekend and if you could meet an author at an event like the Kids Lit Fest, who would it be and why?




No comments:

Post a Comment