Friday 15 August 2014

Bout of Books 11: sign up and goals


"The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team"

Yes it's that time again! I've been reading quite slowly recently (toothache apparently gives me headaches) and I have a couple of books that I need to get to asap (library books mostly) and a readathon is the perfect way to get back into the swing of things. 

What I hope to read:
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Dracula's Guest by Bram Stoker
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
The Duff by Kody Keplinger
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

Now, as of right now, I'm two stories in to Dracula's Guest (of which there are 9) so in theory I shouldn't have much left by Monday. And I have no idea when Isla is going to turn up, so there's that as well. Either way, I'm aiming for 5-6 books over the week, which I think I can manage.

Are you signing up? Any idea what you might read next week? Let me know and we can cheer each other on!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOH! You have such great books on your list for this week! I hope that you enjoy every single second of your reading! #readstrong

    ReplyDelete