Sunday 27 July 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'Summer' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

Ah, the summer holidays! Apart from starting my hours at the library, nothing much to report from this week. Had some pretty cool book post, so there's that to look forward to; and applied for a few jobs this week that I'm hopeful for, so cross your fingers for me! 


On The Blog
Review of From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer and Valerie Thomas (5 stars)
Review of Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid (4 stars)
Review of Landline by Rainbow Rowell (5 stars)

Currently Reading
Shipwrecked by Siobhan Curham, for Chapter 5's reading challenge. Been meaning to read this for so long, am really glad I've finally picked it up!

On My Bookshelf
City of Halves by Lucy Inglis
London. Girls are disappearing. They've all got one thing in common; they just don't know it yet... 

Sixteen-year-old Lily was meant to be next, but she's saved by a stranger: a half-human boy with gold-flecked eyes. Regan is from an unseen world hidden within our own, where legendary creatures hide in plain sight. But now both worlds are under threat, and Lily and Regan must race to find the girls, and save their divided city.


This sounds super cool, thank you so much Chicken House!

No comments:

Post a Comment