Sunday 28 July 2013

Weekly Highlights: the extended edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

I kinda forgot last week because I didn't get any new books. So I'll post links to my favourite posts from the last fortnight and tell you about my book post from the last few days. 


On The Blog
Review of Never Bite A Boy On the First Date by Tamara Summers (4 stars)
Review of The Hit by Melvin Burgess (3 stars)
Discussion: Reading Habits - where I talked about the weird habits I've picked up in regards to reading and relating things, like bookmarks and where I like to pick up a book.

Currently Reading
Dead Romantic by CJ Skuse - like anything CJ does, I love it to pieces. Which is actually an appropriate comment considering the book!


On My Bookshelf

Hacker by Malorie Blackman 
When Vicky's father is arrested on a charge of stealing over a million pounds from the bank where he works, she is determined to prove his innocence. Helped by her brother and his best friend, Vicky decides to try to find the real thief by hacking into the bank's computer system.


£2 in Oxfam Books, plus computer hackers! My boyfriend would love this!

The Diamond Thief by Sharon Gosling
No one performs on the circus trapeze like sixteen-year-old Remy Brunel. But Remy also leads another life, as a cat burglar and jewel thief. Forced by the evil circus owner Gustave to attempt the theft of one of the world's most valuable diamonds, Remy thinks it will be just another heist, but when she meets determined young detective Thaddeus Rec, her life changes forever. 

Will Thaddeus manage to rescue the jewel? Or is it really Remy that he needs to save?


Yay, thank you Curious Fox! This sounds awesome and I cannot wait to start it! In my Team Fox parcel, I got also sample chapters of Amber by Julie Sykes, Red Rock by Kate Kelly, The Magnificent Lizzie Brown by Vicki Lockwood and The Ruby Airship by Sharon Golsing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I loved Hacker as a kid, this was a great find! Makes me want to reread it :) I got Diamond Thief too, and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hacker looks like it could really be interesting. Looks like a Dorchester published book, but I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Dead Romantic is so awesome. Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete