Sunday 14 September 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'Solitaire' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

Nothing new to report this week. I'm getting used to standing up all day at work, though my feet do still hurt! I do love it there though, it is so much fun and everyone's really nice, even the customers when I'm still learning! And apart from the possibility of a meet up in London in October with uni friends for Books Are My Bag, no book-ish news either.

On The Blog
Review of The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud (4 stars)
Review of We Were Liars by E Lockhart (4 stars)
 
Currently Reading
Like I said in my Friday Reads, I'm reading Revolution and Dear Life. I've nearly finish Revolution and I absolutely love it; the diary entries with Alex in the middle of the revolution is terrifying but gripping.
 
On My Bookshelf
Solitaire by Alice Oseman
In case you’re wondering, this is not a love story.

My name is Tori Spring. I like to sleep and I like to blog. Last year – before all that stuff with Charlie and before I had to face the harsh realities of A-Levels and university applications and the fact that one day I really will have to start talking to people – I had friends. Things were very different, I guess, but that’s all over now.

Now there’s Solitaire. And Michael Holden.

I don’t know what Solitaire are trying to do, and I don’t care about Michael Holden.

I really don’t.


Just the one new book this week. I'm really looking forward to this - it's a little treat to myself, and by treat I mean I took it from the staff room! But I still really want to read it and I've amazing things about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, Solitaire looks interesting. *adds to TBR* Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete