Sunday 28 September 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'Clockwork' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

A quiet week, both on the blog and in reading. I've been insanely busy with work and I'm still getting the hang of fitting my reading and normal life stuff around odd hours. But I think I'm getting there. Hopefully.


On The Blog
Review of Zac and Mia by AJ Betts (4 stars)
Review of Solitaire by Alice Oseman (4 stars)
Currently Reading
Still plodding my way through Dear Life - nearly finished now! Alongside, I'm reading Into The Still Blue by Veronica Rossi, the third and final book of the Under The Never Sky trilogy. 
On My Bookshelf
Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I'm not going to put up either of the synopsis in case of spoilers, but I'm sure all of you know that these are books 2 and 3 of the Infernal Devices trilogy. I'm hoping to get to them asap!

Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes
Outside, Anika Dragomir is all lip gloss and blond hair - the third most popular girl in school. Inside, she's a freak: a mix of dark thoughts, diabolical plots, and, if local chatter is to be believed, vampire DNA (after all, her father is Romanian). But she keeps it under wraps to maintain her social position. One step out of line and Becky Vilhauer, first most popular girl in school, will make her life hell.

I am really looking forward to this; sounds just like a teen movie (I'm thinking Mean Girls)! Thank you Harper Teen!

1 comment: