Wednesday 30 December 2015

Top Ten 2015 Books

I don't always do these top ten things but this year has been fantastic for incredibly amazing books and I couldn't not talk about them! So these aren't in favourite order, they are roughly in the order I read them.
  1. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas - I read the whole series (so far) in the last year and I can't believe I waited this long to read them, because they were insanely awesome!
  2. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury - Her debut was incredible, just full of twists and tension and an amazing fantasy world. Book two due out early 2016. 
  3. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - I was blown away by Nelson's book; this is her second but the first one I've read and it was so sweet and funny and clever.
  4. Cinder and the rest of the series by Marissa Meyer - Another one where I've read the entire series throughout the year, and what a series! Wasn't Winter just an epic conclusion?
  5. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson - What can I say about this book without just rambling? It was just all kinds of awesome with a poignant portrayal of transgender life. 
  6. Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne - Yet another one with excellent portrayal of something now often in YA, this time OCD and mental health issues. 
  7. Counting Stars by Keris Stainton - I've always liked Keris's novels but something about this one was just fantastic. It was more new adult than young adult and I thought her portrayal of struggling into adulthood was spot on.
  8. Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman - Ahhhh! Amazing! That is all.
  9. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - I couldn't not have included this, it's a Harry Potter-style book based on a fanfiction of another Harry Potter-style book!
  10. Inferno by Catherine Doyle - Sequel to Vendetta and due out early January, this was just breath-taking and all sorts of other adjectives. Just read my review from last week!
I don't care if it's cheating, I'm counting those series as one book! Ok, it's almost certainly cheating but to me they count as one. I've read just over 150 books this year, which is my best yet, and I am really happy that so many of them were so good and so enjoyable to read. 

Let me know what your top reads were from the last year, and if you shared any of mine. I'm taking this week between Christmas and New Year off from blogging, just spending time with the family and the fiancĂ©, so I will see you in 2016!

2 comments:

  1. Apart from Inferno which I haven't read yet, I agree with all of those! Crazy good books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting Stars! It was on my favourites list too because I loved it so much. I agree with you about liking all of Keris's other novels, but *really* loving this one.

    Brilliant list, Anya! Some amazing choices! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete