It's 2013! Happy New Year everyone!
This year I'm broadening my horizons and will be attempting Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts reading challenge, at the cautious level with 12 different genres:
- Contemporary - The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Also got Adorkable by Sarra Manning and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
- Historical - Dance the Moon Down by R.L.Bartram. Also got Code Name Variety by Elizabeth Wein
- Paranormal - Velveteen by Daniel Marks
- Urban fantasy - Two Weeks Notice by Rachel Caine. Also got the Demon Trappers series
- Fantasy - Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
- Romance - Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
- Women’s Fiction - The Making of Us by Lisa Jewell
- Dystopian - All these things I've done byGabrielle Zevin
- Fairy Tales - Grimm Fairy Tales
- Steampunk - Lady of Devices by Shelley Adine
- Science fiction - Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
- Cultural classic - Beloved by Toni Morrison.
- Horror - American Psycho (for uni, if I can sum up the courage) or Slide
First up is Beloved, as I'm studying that in a few weeks, and Two Weeks Notice.
As for resolutions, I don't always make them. This year, there are a few things I want to achieve:
- Work hard at university - I'm a lazy person but I really want a first on my dissertation and to graduate with pride.
- Find a job - after I graduate this summer, I will be thrown into the real world with minimal experience, and I'm not above begging for advice or help!
- Worry less. Work for what I want but don't worry about the unforeseeable future when I can't do anything about it.
- Enjoy myself. It's my last few months of university, I don't want to waste them.
- Smile more and frown less. I'm too young for lines on my forehead!
- Appreciate the little things. Whether it be an afternoon uninterrupted by computers with my boyfriend or shopping with my mum.