Wednesday 2 January 2013

2013: Reading Challenges and Resolutions

It's 2013! Happy New Year everyone! 

This year I'm broadening my horizons and will be attempting Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts reading challenge, at the cautious level with 12 different genres:

  1. Contemporary - The Fault in our Stars by John Green. Also got Adorkable by Sarra Manning and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green
  2. Historical - Dance the Moon Down by R.L.Bartram. Also got Code Name Variety by Elizabeth Wein
  3. Paranormal - Velveteen by Daniel Marks
  4. Urban fantasy - Two Weeks Notice by Rachel Caine. Also got the Demon Trappers series
  5. Fantasy - Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
  6. Romance - Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
  7. Women’s Fiction - The Making of Us by Lisa Jewell
  8. Dystopian - All these things I've done byGabrielle Zevin
  9. Fairy Tales - Grimm Fairy Tales
  10. Steampunk - Lady of Devices by Shelley Adine 
  11. Science fiction - Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate 
  12. Cultural classic - Beloved by Toni Morrison. 
  13. Horror - American Psycho (for uni, if I can sum up the courage) or Slide 
First up is Beloved, as I'm studying that in a few weeks, and Two Weeks Notice.


I'm also doing the Goodreads challenge again, I read 65 in 2012 - this year I'm going to aim for 70, mostly as I don't know what I'm going to be doing after May when I hand in my dissertation! Scary thought.

As for resolutions, I don't always make them. This year, there are a few things I want to achieve:
  1. Work hard at university - I'm a lazy person but I really want a first on my dissertation and to graduate with pride. 
  2. Find a job - after I graduate this summer, I will be thrown into the real world with minimal experience, and I'm not above begging for advice or help!
  3. Worry less. Work for what I want but don't worry about the unforeseeable future when I can't do anything about it.
  4. Enjoy myself. It's my last few months of university, I don't want to waste them. 
  5. Smile more and frown less. I'm too young for lines on my forehead!
  6. Appreciate the little things. Whether it be an afternoon uninterrupted by computers with my boyfriend or shopping with my mum. 

1 comment: