Sunday 20 July 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'And the winner is..' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

Not a lot to report this week, not after the drama of Comic Con! Actually, I've had a pretty boring week - done my work, my job hunting, and my reading and apart from no luck on the job side of things, it's been a good week. I've signed up for Chapter 5's Summer Reading Challenge, oh and I have my first hours at the library for the Mythical Maze SRC on Thursday, which promises to be fun.


On The Blog
Review of The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch (4 stars)
Review of Take Back The Skies by Lucy Saxon (3.5 stars)
Review of The Distance Between Us by Kasie West (4 stars)


Currently Reading
My first Chapter 5 SRC book: The Moment Collector by Jodi Lynn Anderson. Bit of a slow start but still interesting. 


On My Bookshelf
I have been so good and not bought any books this week! No book post either, not that I would have complained (*hint hint*)


And The Winner Is...
Ah, what you all, and by all I mean the few people who entered, actually care about: the winner of my song pairing competition. Entries were lower than I wanted but I'm nicely surprised by the thought of those of you who did enter. 

A few of the runner-up entries, if you will, is Esther's match of Callum and Sephy from Noughts and Crosses with These Four Walls by Little Mix - definitely a good song for the ending! Another great entry is Kayleigh's Solitare by Alice Oseman with Dreaming Out Loud by We Are In The Crowd - you would definitely have a second prize if I could manage it!
An interesting  entry, even though it's not UKYA, is Katrina's. She said The Fault In Our Stars reminds her of Leave Out All The Rest by Linkin Park, which I thought was pretty cool. 

So, the actual winner? I pick... Hawwa! She matched Soulmates by Holly Bourne with Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift, which is a great love song for Poppy and Noah. Congrats Hawwa, an email is coming your way!

Thank you everyone for your entries, it was actually quite tough to pick one winner! Thanks for playing and if you liked it, maybe I'm come up with something else soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay thanks and awwwh, it's not about the quantity but the quality eh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm a runner up, yay :)

    ReplyDelete