Sunday 29 June 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'Readathon Wrap-up' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

So the only thing that's been happening that you will want to hear about is the YALC readathon. I aimed to read 6 books and so far I've finished 3, over halfway through a fourth and started a fifth. Yeah, more details about that below. So I've been surprisingly busy this week and that has sucked up my reading time. In fact, between a bike ride and shopping trip with grandparents, I was barely home, let alone had time to read! But I'm still pretty pleased with what I've read, even if I don't finish my last book. 

On The Blog
Review of This Time Next Door by Gretchen Galway (3 stars)
Review of Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts (4 stars)
Review of The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick (5 stars)

Currently Reading
Two-thirds through The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McCulloch. I had to leave it at home for my night at my boyfriend's, way too heavy. I've also started Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman, which is really good. These are my fourth and fifth books for YALC readathon which I think is all I'm going to manage; my sixth and last book is Take Back The Skies by Lucy Saxon.

On My Bookshelf
Unstoppable by Liz Bankes
Rosie has managed to wangle spending the summer before uni in the same house as her boyfriend Cal – but who else should also be staying except for the infamous man-eater, Cleo.

Things between Cal and Rosie could never have been described as easy, but her growing jealousy seems like an unstoppable force. Can their love weather the storm?


Sounds like a perfect contemporary read for summer. Thank you Piccadilly Press!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard great things about Liz Banked' books. Looking forward to seeing what you think!

    ReplyDelete