Sunday 23 March 2014

Weekly Highlights: the 'I like hot aliens' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

Still jobless so nothing new there but I did get two new ebooks that I've already read because they were so good! And yesterday I helped with my library's Chatterbooks group. It was Spy Week and the kids all dressed in disguises and hunted round the library for The Golden Book. So yeah, that was my Saturday morning!


On The Blog
Review of Paper Towns by John Green (5 stars)
Review of Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (4 stars)

Currently Reading
Entangled by Cat Clarke - my first Cat Clarke book! A little nervous but liking it so far!

On My Bookshelf
Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout
Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


I was persuaded to buy this ebook by Sophie, the bad influence that she is! Luckily, I love her and this book was amazing! I read it in two days and immediately bought the second book in the series! I have a new book crush.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to seeing what you think of the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete