Tuesday 30 May 2017

Top Ten Most Anticipated Read of July-Dec '17

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Here is my list of books I am dying to get my hands on, in the second half of this year. Apparently, and luckily I guess, most of them come out in the summer, so I won't have that long to wait! Let me know if you share any of these on your wishlists, or if there's something else you're dying to read asap!

Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2)Now I Rise by Kiersten White - 6th July
The sequel to the absolutely amazing And I Darken where Vlad Dracul is re-imagined as a girl. We're finally getting into the gritty teenage years with Lada and I really want to see the details of her growing up into the notorious and deadly leader we know as Dracula. 

Songs About Us by Christ Russell - 13th July
The complete opposite of the above, this is the sequel to Songs About A Girl, with more boy band drama and first love heartache. 

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon - 13th July
The debut that everyone has been raving about! I'm really excited about this one, I've heard amazing things and I'm looking forward to a different perspective on first love when talking about traditional arranged marriage.

Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo - 29th August
Ahhh! Do I really need to say more? First the film and now this book - I am over-joyed by this female-led superhero overall.

Freshers by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivison - August
The Loneliest Girl in the UniverseI really liked Lobsters and Never Evers but now Tom and Lucy's new collab is set in university and I don't think I've ever been more excited for a new adult-style rom-com!

The Loneliest Girl In The Universe by Lauren James - 7th September
After The Next Together duology, I have high hopes for Lauren's next project, which is set in space! Colour me sold!

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff - 7th September
Sequel to Nevernight, which I adored even though it was pretty heavy and confusing. The world of dangerous assassins and dark magic was brilliant though, and I can't wait to find out what Mia does next on her quest for vengeance.

The Empty Grave (Lockwood & Co., #5)The Empty Grave by Jonathan Stroud - 28th September
The finale to the insanely-good series, where all questions on the skull, on the ghost problem and hopefully Lockwood and Lucy will be answered!

The Fandom by Anna Day - 5th October 
When die-hard fans are mysteriously transported into the world they love, can their knowledge help them survive? Hardcore fans, comic cons and sci-fi worlds, I am so there!

Renegades by Marissa Meyer - 7th November
And finally, we have Marissa Meyer's next book, all about futuristic robots, justice and cool super powers. It sounds a little more like her Lunar Chronicles, which is clearly where she shines, but I'm not sure if it's getting published over here, so the date might be off. 

1 comment:

  1. Super excised for Now I Rise! I only recently fished And I Darken so really looking forward to getting my hands on this sequel!

    ReplyDelete