Sunday 1 January 2017

Weekly Highlights: the 'January TBR' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things!

Here we are again! New year, new start, new books to read!


On The Blog
Right, I might have forgotten to do this in a while so I'm just going to list a few of my favourite posts from the end of the year. 
Review of The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (5 stars)
Review of Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (5 stars)
Review of A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard (5 stars)
Review of Mafiosa by Catherine Doyle
Top New To Me Authors of 2016


Currently Reading
Ooh, first book of the year! I'm kicking things off with Beware That Girl by Teresa Toten.

On My Bookshelf
As pictured above, these are the books I got for Christmas, from my fiancee, my parents and my grandparents. I also got a signed copy of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers.

Review books:
Trouble Makes a Comeback by Stephanie Tromly - already read this, loved it as much as the first book. Thank you Hot Key!
Beware That Girl by Teresa Toten - like I said, my first book of the year! I haven't heard too much about it so am looking forward to being surprised. Thank you again Hot Key!
Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken - ahh, I am beyond excited for this! Hopefully it lives up to its predecessor! Thank you Disney-Hyperion and Netgalley!
Heartless by Marissa Meyer - I am a huge fan of Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series so am both excited and nervous about reading something different of hers. Thank you Feiwel & Friends and Netgalley!

Bought:
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
Replica by Lauren Oliver

January TBR
I would like to read my review books first, as two are due out on the 12th and Heartless being published early February. And then it's onto my new books from Christmas! Let me know what you're starting the year off with, or if there's any of my books I should push to the top of my TBR.

No comments:

Post a Comment