Sunday 8 November 2015

Weekly Highlights: the 'Keep Calm and...' edition



Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things!

Two things to say: I've got extra hours at work so I worked Friday and all weekend, which is great. Other thing: I flew through Carry On and it was amazing! I can't say how much I loved it - at a few parts near the end, I was both shaking it and hugging it!

On The Blog
Review of Hello, Goodbye and Everything In Between by Jennifer E Smith (4 stars)
Review of Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame (4.5 stars)

Currently Reading
At time of writing (Friday), I've just started Extraordinary Means, after loving Severed Heads, Broken Hearts. Next up will probably be Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.

On My Bookshelf
A Thousand Nights by E.K Johnston
Lo-Melkhiin killed three hundred girls before he came to my village, looking for a wife. When Lo-Melkhiin - a formidable king - arrives at her desert home, she knows that he will take her beautiful sister for a wife. Desperate to save her sister from certain death, she makes the ultimate sacrifice - leaving home and family behind to live with a fearful man. But it seems that a strange magic flows between her and Lo-Melkhiin, and night after night, she survives. Finding power in storytelling, the words she speaks are given strange life of their own. Little things, at first: a dress from home, a vision of her sister. But she dreams of bigger, more terrible magic: power enough to save a king ...if only she can stop her heart from falling for a monster.

Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
When he's sent to Latham House, a boarding school for sick teens, Lane thinks his life may as well be over.
But when he meets Sadie and her friends - a group of eccentric troublemakers - he realises that maybe getting sick is just the beginning. That illness doesn't have to define you, and that falling in love is its own cure.


Both of these are hand-me-downs from Sophie (of So Many Books, So Little Time), both of which I am super excited for so thank you Sophie!

No comments:

Post a Comment